2018 Economic Calendar
POWERED BY  econoday logo
U.S. & Intl Recaps   |   Event Definitions   |   Today's Calendar   |   

France : CPI  
Released On 8/14/2018 2:45:00 AM For Jul(f), 2018
PriorConsensusActual
Month over Month-0.1 %-0.1 %-0.1 %
Year over Year2.3 %2.3 %2.3 %

Highlights
Consumer prices were unrevised in the final report for July. A 0.1 percent monthly dip in the CPI was small enough to lift the annual inflation rate from June's final 2.0 percent to 2.3 percent, equalling its strongest outturn since January 2012.

The flash HICP similarly matched its flash readings and so still shows a 0.1 percent monthly fall and a 2.6 percent yearly increase, up from 2.3 percent in June.

Headline prices continue to be buoyed by more expensive energy and, despite a 0.1 percentage point rise versus June, the annual core CPI rate was still a tick short of the 1 percent mark. Indeed, manufacturing remains mired in deflation (yearly rate minus 0.1 percent) so the positive overall CPI rate was wholly attributable to services where the rate advanced from 1.2 percent to 1.3 percent.

In line with much of the Eurozone, French inflation has climbed significantly since early last year. Nonetheless, the bulk of the acceleration has been due to the more volatile subsectors and underlying prices continue to rise only slowly and remain vulnerable to any renewed slowdown in economic activity.

Definition
The consumer price index (CPI) is a measure of the average price level of a fixed basket of goods and services purchased by consumers. Monthly and annual changes in the CPI represent the main rates of inflation. The national CPI is released alongside the HICP, Eurostat's harmonized measure of consumer prices. A flash estimate was released for the first time in January 2016 and is now published towards the end of each reference month.  Why Investors Care
 
 

2018 Release Schedule
Released On: 1/51/121/312/222/283/153/304/124/275/155/316/146/297/127/31
Release For: DecDecJanJanFebFebMarMarAprAprMayMayJunJunJul
 
Released On: 8/148/319/139/2810/1110/3111/1411/30
Release For: JulAugAugSepSepOctOctNov
 


powered by  [Econoday]